i'm still working on my recap of 2006, so chills. it's coming.
words. mastering the use of them in order to express a certain complex emotion is so difficult that very few people are able to accomplish it. especially when it comes to a poem, or a love letter. However, the more extreme the emotion, the easier it becomes. I am not saying that I have accomplished a level of "word usage" that is profound and deep, because I haven't. I'm sure everyone who read this blog knows and realizes that i write only for recreation, that most of what i write is pseudo-rubbish.
Still, that doesn't mean that i can't criticize. Today a read a love poem on someone's xanga. It made me sad. LOL. First off, of course it's all subjective, right? I mean a love poem simply needs to express love, and it's done it's job. However, i dont like cliches...i've NEVER liked them. I feel like if what you feel is unique, then you should have a unique way to express it. Add to that the feeling that i've felt as of late that all too often we offer words when we are in love that cookie cutter expressions that we've told another person at another time. There's only one phrase that i feel can be used time and time again [i love you]. All the other ones should be put away in the box with the rest of the pictures and momentos of the past relationship and saved only for pleasant memories.
you might argue that i'm jealous. But believe me, i'm not. It would be great to have someone in my life right now, but i'm not dying because of it. So much of life is passing me by, and it's important that I learn and appreciate as much of it as I can. Whether i'm driving by myself, or if i have someone great in the passenger seat, I'm still gonna enjoy the scenery.
In fact, I think in terms of love and relationships, it's definitely become more of a calm positive. I dont know what's going to happen, or who i'm gonna be with, but I know for a fact that it's going to be a new experience, and definitely worth the wait. Extreme anticipation leads only to disappointment on your part and restraining orders on their part. =P
I will give a little rant here tho. Are you in love? good. Everyone here and their mom is happy for you. Applause and props. You win first prize, and we all really wanted to see you make it happen like the guy/girl in the rated PG movie. Now. shut up. yes. stop proclaiming your love for your love. It's a personal thing. It's like religion. Keep it personal. dont put it up in all of our faces. Dont get me wrong. We're happy that you're happy, but we dont need a constant update of your happiness. If I had a chocolate cake, and you were chewing on a rock, and you asked me "how is it?". If i said, "it's good!". i'm sure you would be like "good!". But if i constantly gave you an update on how good the chocolate cake was, how delicious it is, and how wonderful it tasted. How it was the best chocolate cake ever, and how it made me feel. Whether or not you were enjoying your rock or not, I think at some point you would say to yourself.."dude. i dont care. I'm happy your happy, but shut it. I'm trying to work on this rock here".
aight. I had more to say, but i'll leave it at that, cuz it's getting damn late. I need to wake up early, go to the gym, and see about getting a new cell phone to replace the one i lost.
I lost my phone at the club on new years, and no one turned it in. At first I was pretty bummed out about it, but then i thought why let one little thing ruin my whole new years eve experience. I had a great fucking time, dancing and drinking with friends that i haven't seen in a long time. Plus, this taught me a few lessons. dont go clubbing with my phone, dont dance with my phone in my pocket, and a phone will easily fall out of khaki pants as opposed to jeans.
There's ALWAYS some good in every bad. But really, there's not so much "good" and "bad", but just some kind of outcome from an action. Where you are, what you feel, is exactly what you should be or where you should be. And if you take good and bad out of that, then you realize that it's up to you of what to make of it.
nite peoples.
i liked your post. good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteand the chuckle of the day, "chewing on a rock vs chocolate cake". ahahhaha!