ooooh i've been neglecting this blog, and so i shall write in it. But first I gotta shower.
brb.
aight back. And so fresh and so clean.
So Cal Trip 2-17 to 2-19
Aight so the so cal trip. The trip down to OC was coo. but it was off to a rocky start when i failed to realize that it was presidents day weekend. Additionally, apparently it was also the beginning of "winter break" or some shit for kids, so the airport was EXTRA packed. So I got to the airport at 730AM on friday morning, hoping to get into my flight at 8am. Well, the security line went through the airport, up the ramps, into the parking lot, and zigzagged over itself FIVE times. It was like being at a shitty disneyland. So i miss my flight, and then I just barely get on the next one. I also have the pleasure of sitting next to the man with the fattest legs i have ever seen, which is interesting, because the rest of him was not fat. That sucks. I was in a rotten mood, mainly because I hadn't eaten, and so therefore, the only delight i found on the plane as I drifted into a pissed off sleep was hearing the little kids cry out in pain as we increased altitude. LOL. Jacked, huh?
Anyways, once i got to the OC, it was fine. I chilled with helen, and then met up with my good friend mike. It was awesome seeing them both. We chilled at south coast for a while, and then went to get some boba, waiting for traffic to die down. We then picked up minh, and we headed to this ramen place in anaheim (mike's secret spot). He said this was the best ramen place in U.S.A., and since this guy is pretty much a japanese guy in a white man's body (i.e. mike can speak pretty much fluent japanese, can read fluently as well, has a japanese girlfriend, has a japanese family over in japan (they "adopted" him)), and thus i trust his judgement when it comes to japanese food. Upon reaching the restaurant, he ordered for me, minh, and himself (cha-siu (sp?) pork ramen and a side of friend rice). He ordered us to drink the broth as soon as it came, and was a bit disappointed when we got our orders that the broth wasn't boiling hot. He noted that the broth tastes different everyday since it's homemade, and that we had come on maybe a B+ day. Anyways, the stuff was delicious. Absolutely delicious. It tasted a lot better than the crap back in the bay, and the crappy place in SD. Maybe I need to try other places, but the place on saratoga, and especially the place on convoy do not measure up.
Anyways, after that, we dropped minh off, and helen off at her car, and then off to mike's place. Mike lives with his grandma, who was gracious enough to let me crash at her phat pad. I got to stay in the guest room, and it had a FULL sized bed. This was bomb for two reasons: 1) I had been on my damn feet all day, and I had barely gotten any sleep the night before and 2) my bed at home is a fucking twin. There was one portion of my life where i had the wonderful experience to sleep in a full sized bed the majority of the time, but those days are long gone, and i'm once again stuck in a fucking twin sized bed. Bah. When i move out of my parents place, and i get a good paying job, i'm gonna buy myself a CALIFORNIA KING, JUST FOR ME, with 8000 thread count sheets. Yeah.
The next day, we headed down to SD. That was a trip and a half. I hadn't been to sd in many many months. I had nearly forgotten what it looked like. It was even better going down because I totally over it, meaning that now that i had gotten used to living in the bay, it was not a melancholy experience to visit SD. I didn't get to see a lot of people, but then again, i didn't exepect to. I did see bobby, DJ cham, george, randall, fiona, norm (thanks for the drinks homie), brian, JEN, neil, alan, leslie, christina, and the lo. It was tite. We ate dinner at this japanese restaurant i've never been to, then we went to typhoon, and I was immediately reminded of how much SD DJs suck. The night ended with going to Roberts #2, which was a flavor well-missed. I wish I had time to stay in SD longer, but it was a good enough taste.
The next day I headed back up to OC with mike, then chilled with helen until I had to go to the airport. It was good to see her.
Heading back home again, I was NOT surprised to find that my flight had been DELAYED. How delayed? Like an HOUR. This leads me to express a big FUCK YOU to southwest. While I was waiting in line way back in the beginning of the blog, I was surprised to see an American Airlines agent going up and down the line to grab people who had flights who were leaving soon and move them to the front of the line. Southwest said that was not their policy to do such things. Well FUCK YOU SOUTHWEST. That's the LAST time i'm flying on their broke-dick airline!! [broke-dick is slang courtesy of J. Quigz, aka Randall]
It was nice to be back home, as I've realized that living at home has made me a lot more clean that I used to be. I was horrified to hear myself think "dude, do you just throw you shit on the ground like that? Why dont you pick that stuff up??" when i was chilling at my friend's places. Cry.
Being being in SD, gave me an UP FRONT realization of how much I had changed and grown since I had left. That was a serious trip, and it made me feel even more comfortable in my shoes. I had been there, and done that, and here i am now, doing what I gotta do.
I'll end this entry with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment