Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Back from SD. It was a cool trip. Cool for several reasons:
1) Roberto's - I haven't eaten roberto's in over a year. YO that shit was good. I got the old combo i used to get whenever i went there: 2 rolled tacos, a beef taco and a tostada. I also had half a carne asada burrito. Hot carrots (to be healthy). YO. that's all I gotta say. Y-O. I know Shan feels me on that one. foREALZ.

2) Friends - I chilled with more people than I expected, especially since I thought all of my time was going to be taken up by my class. The night before I headed back, I hung out with quite a number of people, and it certainly reminded me of what life was like when I was still in SD. It was bittersweet, definitely. It was good to see everyone while I was down there

3) Reiki - I took a Reiki class, and am now a Level 1 Reiki practitioner. This means I am now able to give treatments to both myself and more importantly to others. Reiki is a healing art, although I'm hesitant to use the word "healing" because it makes people believe that it is a cure-all. Reiki is a balancing art - it brings balance to your body - physically, emotionally, spiritually. I became interested in this after hearing about it from my aunt - she helped my mom with a sore knee, me with my stress levels, and especially with my uncle when he was going through treatment for cancer. I was very much impressed by my uncles situation because he did not get sick, his hair did not fall out, and my parents told me he looked exactly the same.

After getting a treatment, I felt extremely relaxed and calm. My lower back hurt less, and I felt a lot more mentally awake. If anyone is interested, I am always happy to give a treatment.

This pass week has given me a chance to grow, significantly. Words are simply words, however, so I don't feel the need to dictate the details of how i'm different or how i've grown, etc. One's inner dialogue should stay within because there is where it is the most valuable.

Though we are all unique, we are united by the simple fact that we all deserve to be happy in life.

2 comments:

  1. hell yes i feel you on that mexican taco shop food!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. excuse me. i think i should have been one of the reasons (not including the friends one!) for how ur sd trip was cool. without me, you wouldn't have had any excercise!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete