Monday, April 16, 2007

k. My fever is now gone, after spending the majority of the day in bed. I called into work sick. Yesterday I had a 100.5 fever, body aches, chills, really bad stomachache, gas/bloating, etc. Which makes me believe that I have stomach flu. Or maybe food poisoning. Hard to say. Anyways, most of it is gone. I haven't eaten anything since last night, and that was two bites of dinner. I'm fucking starving, but I still can't eat anything I want. I'd better keep it to chicken soup and jello.

Tomorrow gonna have to hit the gym as usual. I didn't eat as bad in vegas, but I definitely drank a lot.

So how was vegas? Let see. If you want a full report, ask me in person. For now, i'm just going to put down the major events.

Clubbing
Tao - Tao was simply awesome. The music was good - the DJ played some FUNK yo! The bars were spread out enough...there was one bar that always had some space around it. And even though at one point it was packed to the walls, the vibe in there was always chill. Everyone was there to just have a good time. There wasn't a aggressive guys that I needed to save the girls in our group from. It was tite. Did the classic popping battle against jon, as per usual. The girls at Tao were cute, and the girls who WORKED at Tao were fuckin' AMAZING. There was a couple girls dancing in the side room who were just...WOW. And this is all without bottle service. As a bonus, we didn't have to wait very long in line. I'd say maybe 30 minutes tops. I left Tao feeling GREAT. Good dancing, good drinks, good company. Werd. Fast bartenders. Bouncers weren't dicks. Cool.

Jet - And now for the total opposite. Jet was a piece of fucking shit. Everything about the club SUCKED. The music fucking sucked - horrible house (a hybrid of crappy hard house/high NRG), horrible hip hop (nothing but booty music/dirty south crap), and the worst mashups I have ever heard. They played some really bad rock music. The club itself isn't set up very well either. Now where near as good as Tao. And the people...dear god..the PEOPLE. Can you say GHETTO? The vibe of this club was aggressive and MOTHER FUCKING GHETTO. The people were ready to start fights. The guy to girl ratio at this POS was 5-1, and so i had to save the girls in our group from many a guy trying to do the backdoor surprise. People kept shoving and pushing. And all of that trash after waiting over 1.5 hours in line. What a bunch of fucking bullshit. I'll never go back to this club. EVER. I don't care if I get free bottle service, no wait in line, everything - fuck that place. It was without a doubt the worst experience i've ever had at a club in Vegas.

Other places - While eating at a cafe at bally's on Sat night, we were in earshot of this lounge area...they had a live band that was playing ALL kinds of old school funk and hip hop. I'm going there next time I go to vegas, no doubt. I also wanna check out Light, Foundation Room (again), Tabu, Body English.

I can also safely say that I'm tired of waiting in line for hours for clubs. I'm tired of having no place to sit and just being pushed around while on the dance floor. That's why from now on, I'm not going clubbing anymore at any club in Vegas unless we get bottle service. Simple as that. Now I'm not rich, but it's just worth the money. Tao I think I was just lucky because it was a Thursday. But regardless, that's it. It's either club with bottle service, or no clubbing at all. period. If i'm going to wait in line forever, the club better be crazy good.

Food
Fix @ Bellagio - I've seldom eaten at nice restaurants, which is ironic since I love food so much, hence the gut. Anyways, here's what I ate:
-8 oz. prime rib
-mushroom medley on the side
-fried mac and cheese on the side
-green salad with pears in it
-dessert, which consisted of banana sugar donuts with chocolate/caramel dipping sauces, apple cobbler, and chocolate cake with a milkshake-like coffee.
-a good glass of wine, as recommended by Sandy
This was close to the best meal I've ever had in my life. The prime rib was nothing short of GOD DAMN. Seriously, every bite melted in my mouth. I even tried to eat the fat, but stopped after I realized what I was doing. If it had been any better, I would have had to change my boxers.

The mushroom medley and the mac and cheese was really good. You have to see the mac and cheese to believe it..it's like the m&c are a fried stick that looks like a fish stick. Even the damn salad was good, with just enough dressing, pears, and endive leaves (only baller ass salad have endive in them). The dessert. Wow. Wow. Wow. The only problem with the meal was that we ate it at 5pm, and so I was still kinda full from lunch. I still tear up when I think about the fact that we left some food uneaten.

Speaking of lunch on Friday, we got hooked up by Sandy's mom, who offered to cook for us. She made a bunch of stuff, including a shitload of egg rolls, and a BIG ass pot of sweet/sour soup. HELLA good. Really nice house too.

Okay, so the IP special is over. No more 4.95 prime rib sandwiches. But i've found a place that will replace it. While the prices are nowhere near as great, the food was awesome, especially the damn fries. The Sidewalk Cafe at Bally's. I'm seriously starting to think that when I go to Vegas, I should follow Mel's example and stay at Bally's. Which leads me to...

Hotel
Harrah's - Harrah's was cool. Not as good as Aladdin's, which is now gone btw. But it was much better than IP, Tropicana's, and Excalibur.

All in all, the trip was aight-good. A good break away from the craziness of work, and that is always a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment