Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I am currently on this diet which requires me to eat no sugar (no substitutes or natural sugar either) and no gluten. That means no wheat or bread of any kind. I can't drink anything except for water. There is one saving grace, which is that I can still eat rice. So my diet everyday is pretty primitive: meat, veggies, rice. I can eat some cheese too. But I didn't realize how many things have sugar in them. So many things do, it's crazy. I seriously feel sad for anyone who is allergic to gluten...when you can't eat gluten your world is forced to become meticulous...you have to read every label of everything you eat. Your meals become nothing but not-as-good-tasting substitutes. I mean do you think flourless bread tastes good? BTW, this diet was prescribed to me by a doctor..i'm not crazy enough to try this on my own (BTW, this diet isn't to help me lose weight..I'm not THAT fat). The worst part of this diet by far is the simple fact that I can't eat fruit. Fruit is, by far, the thing that gets me through the day. It's good for you, and it tastes good. It's like nature's candy. BAH.

A while ago I tried a similar diet by my own decision - the no-carb diet. What a piece of shit. Okay, so yeah, you may lose a good amount of weight, but at what cost? Due to low blood sugar, you get headaches, you're cranky all the time, and you don't have much energy. That was a bust. I mean diets in themselves are pretty worthless unless you eat like a pig all the time. You just have to eat in moderation, and exercise. Period.

Last Sat went to Voodoo...got some good dancing in. Until the reggae came on. Seriously. Why. Why DJs around the world? Why do you play reggae and dancehall? Don't me wrong. Reggae/dancehall is good for sitting on a beach drinking a corona. Reggae is good for sleeping, chilling, taking a dump. But dancing? NO. It kills it. Next time a reggae or dancehall song comes up, take a look around. You will see no good dancing. You will see a mass of bodies trying to find the rhythm in a type of music that was made for smoking a blunt to. And then you will see me, pissed off and wondering why I paid 10 bucks to listen to this bullshit.

Why is it that when you meet a cute girl, she always has a bf. That's reality yo. You just gotta lower your standards. lolz.

To all my friends who are stuck on people who are less than satisfactory and who are not doing you all any good, and I say this with nothing but love for yah and with the realization that it don't matter what I say because you're gonna do what you're gonna do (because you can't deny your emotions and you're WEAK. lol i kid, i kid)....and also, let me indulge in some soap-box speaking...but nevertheless: Let it go, and move on. Otherwise you're going to be stuck in that hamster wheel for so many years that by the time you get off, you'll wonder why you wasted so much life. Love/relationships needs time to mature. It needs time to grow. If it starts off fucked up, or if gets fucked up shortly after it starts, then it's gonna be that way forever. Yes, forever. Like till the end of time. Because there's no foundation. Yes, i know you're in love. I know you worship the ground that they walk on. You'd throw yourself on a puddle to make sure that they wouldn't dirty their shoes. You'll drive to pick them up if they need a ride to SD even though they live in Sacramento. You'd chew their food for them, while washing their clothes, doing their taxes, and baking them a pie. But that'st the problem. You're trying to get back to how it was in the first place. And that's never gonna happen. You may think it's possible..i mean you've done it before, right? Or maybe you've seen other relationships work out after a fuck up? But again. No. Not gonna happen. The person is what they are, and at this age especially, unless they had a HUGE life-changing-omg-what-have-i-been-doing epiphany, then they have shown you what they are possible of, and that, will stay. I'm not saying that no one can change, but bad habits die hard, and the behaviors of your lesser halfs (yes all of you) are definitely BAD. Again, it's not impossible..hell, NOTHING is impossible. But I prefer to put faith in good odds, not shitty ones.
I'm writing this paragraph with nothing but humor on my mind, but do realize that there is a grain of truth and seriousness in this. Bottom line is, you're all my friends, and I hate seeing someone treat you less than how you should be treated. Do I not like the person that you're seeing? No, I don't. "How rude! You don't even know them as well as I do!". That may be true, but I do know one thing: they don't see anything wrong with hurting people who are close to them. They dont see anything wrong with taking advantage of someone who has strong emotions for them. They don't see anything wrong with knowing exactly what to say or do to pierce the vulnerable places of your feelings/emotions/heart. And that is enough for me to dislike them, at the very very very least.

I believe that the gods on Mount Olympus did not eat ambrosia. No, they ate jello. SERIOUSLY. Jello is the greatest food ever made by man, woman, or beast. DOES ANYONE TURN DOWN JELLO? I think NOT. And, holy crap, if any dares to put COOL WHIP on top???? There will be a stampede of people in ever visible direction. Jon noted to me that gelatin is made from hooves, and other shit. I DON'T CARE. If so, then props to the guy/girl who made hooves (and shit) taste SO DAMN GOOD.

lunch time over. more blog later.

3 comments:

  1. its just an internal battle of heart vs mind. =T and apparently, shit is ww3, because we aint goin no where!! thanks steve, love ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and all this time, i thought jello was vegetarian.

    my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some good Jello today, sugar free, but it tasted awesome.

    Almaden is the shit! =)

    ReplyDelete