Anyways. What have I been up to.
This long weekend I went to LA. Brendan and I tagged along with Jon, who was going down for a wedding.
LA was hot as HELL. It was seriously like 108 degrees. WTF. So mad traffic, AND super uncomfortable weather?? Man. I love so cal. ZZZZ.
Anyways, the plan was to go play cards and see people. So we stayed at Commerce Casino (has a hotel connected to it). Okay, first the hotel. You would think that with how the casino looks on the outside that the rooms inside would make Imperial Palace feel like the Four Seasons. But NO. Shit was actually pretty damn nice! They get points knocked off for having the shittiest tv channel selection ever, and for having a housekeeping that goes home after a certain hour (vegas it ain't), but everything else was pretty damn good. Now for the casino: DUDE. DUDE. WORST POKER PLAYERS EVER. I have never seen people play SO bad. I mean, not that i'm complaining. In fact, it's actually kind of funny. I saw people call the floor manager over to ask if they could "move this fucking girl" to another table because she was winning so much money. People called each other "fucking idiots" for taking too long and for making bad calls and drawing out. One player pretended to hit the dealer, then told her to "fucking leave and never come back ever again until the end of time" (he was a FOB). But yeah..LOTS of bitching and complaining. My god. The real problem was this...COLD CARDS. Seriously. If I had just made a hand, I would have cleaned up, but NAY. Nothing but off suit low cards...I mean it got to the point where if I saw fucking A-10 off suit I was happy. And that's how it was for three days straight. I seriously think that place is nothing but bad luck, and I don't think i'm going to play there again. If you can't tell, I didn't win any money, and made a sizable contribution to the table fugs.
As for seeing people, I met up with Fiona (finally!), Loretta, and Celina for dinner. That was coo. Went to some place called Noodle World. This huge place that served a bunch of different kinds of asian food. It was aight. Saturday went to dinner with Minh/Cz...went to some gyu-kaku place in Pasadena. Hella food for 20 bucks. And it was good too. Could have been better. And this is coming from a guy who hasnt eaten fucking sugar/sauces/anything good in 3 months. So if something doesn't taste great to me, then you KNOW it's lacking the luster. After dinner, walked around old town pasadena, pulled into the gap and bought a couple things (finally got a pair of chucks). Then hit up a bar for a drink, then headed back to the hotel. All in all, it was something to do. It wasn't an action packed weekend full of fun and awesomeness, but it was definitely nice to get away from San Jose.
Yesterday was Labor day, a nice extension to the weekend. Headed over to jab house to chill, then headed over to brendan's place to
Also spent some quality time with the fam. I swear I talk more with my parents now than I ever have. It's crazy. More on that later.
I need to calm down on the clothes buying for now. But dammit, there's still so much more I need!
People around me getting married. This one acquaintance of mine is getting married after dating the guy for a month and a half. She said that when you know, you know. Is that true? I mean, you can fall in love with someone in like a second, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's love love. But this will be an interesting experiment to observe. It's either gonna be a fairly tale come true, or two drama trains slamming into each other. I got my popcorn ready because that's how bored I am.
Nothing else really going on. Kinda sad really. That brings up something Jon said. Is there something in life that you want to accomplish? Not really. I mean, I just want to enjoy myself. Keep finding new things to do. That's about it. TBC.
Don't hate on the street craps. You're already quitting on me after teaching me?
ReplyDeletewtf steve you were in pasadena and you didnt call/text me?!?!!?!? >:O
ReplyDeleteThat chick who's getting married after dating a guy for 1.5 months?
ReplyDeleteFucking stupid.