Thursday, June 5, 2008

Well, looks like detroit won the stanley cup. Sweet. I know cin's happy about that. I'm just happy that dallas lost. Fuckin' sharks...oh well, there's always next year. I think. But i can't really talk because I was never a huge hockey fan. I was listening to sportsradio yesterday (which i will talk about in a second), and Dan Patrick was talking about how HDTV saved hockey. I couldn't agree more. I will admit that a live hockey game is the shit (if you leave out the fact that you can't lean forward even a little bit or you're blocking someone's view...or the fact that hockey is a lot like soccer where you hardly ever see any goals), but i had to be dragged by friends to go. Watching hockey on TV is okay, but you can't see where the damn puck is sometimes! And then HDTV came along, and now I can see everything! Sweet. Don't get me wrong though. I'm always rooting for the hometeam, and i will admit that I'm more into hockey now than i was in college.

The NBA finals are starting tonight, and I'm really hoping that the Celtics will win. Okay, i love basketball, and I love the warriors. I'm a die hard fan when it comes to the warriors that's for sure. i dont care if they don't ever win the finals while I'm alive, they'll still be number one in my mind. i read an article on ESPN about how if the warriors got Love, then the trio of Love, Beans, and Ellis would be something worth shouting for. I can see that. At first I was a bit skeptical of Love, but unbeknownst to me, the guy has dropped some weight and picked up some muscle. We just gotta hope that Mullins and Nellie are interested in that.

Anyways, I'm really hoping boston wins. Why? One, i really like the city of boston. When i went to visit there, I was more impressed by boston than any other city on the east coast. Second, I hate the lakers. always have, always will. Third, everyone and their mom is talking about how the lakers will win. Okay, there's a good chance they will. But whatevers. It's always about the underdog. And unlike some of my friends, I think KG and Pierce deserve that ring. Kobe's a cocky mother fucker, and I love seeing arrogant bastards taste the floor when the underdog knocks them the fuck out.

sportsradio!!! Man who would have thought! I happened to catch Dan Patrick and Gary Radnich and have been listening to them on the way to work or at work or during lunch. These guys have the best jobs on earth. They get to talk about sports, joke around with their buddies in the booth, and generally have a good time. They jokes are awesome. Listening to these guys makes you wish that hanging out with your friends had the same kind of humorous ebb and flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment