Thursday, March 26, 2009

My one real fear

Often times I grow ferciously scared when I think about death. I know I'm young to be thinking about this, but it scares the living shit out of me when I ponder about what happens after we die.

Tonight while I was brushing my teeth, I was thinking about it and a fear that hit directly down to the bottom of my stomach gripped me. It was fucking horrible. Common sense simply cannot dictate that there is an afterlife. How is that possible? With so many religions that are obviously man made, how could there be an afterlife? Are we to believe that people are filtered into different places based on what they believe? It's very difficult for me to believe that.

What if after we die we simply don't exist? And you can't think about what it would be like to not exist because you will have no brain or thought to see what it's like. There is no way to avoid this.

I hate it when I think about shit like this. It scares the living shit out of me. It makes me feel extremely cold and alone. I fucking hate it.

Fuck.

2 comments:

  1. How did you write three posts without me noticing??

    Maybe your fear is a good thing. If there is no afterlife, it'll push us to do everything we want to in this one life so when death comes, we'll be fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for real dude. FUCK.

    and... if the world really does end in 2012, and there IS an after life, we only have 3 years to decide on our religious faith.

    double fuck.

    ReplyDelete