so the birthday activies were cool. I can now right about them, because now that's it's two days later, i no longer need to worry about it sounding like a "hey IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! TELL ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" kind of entry. Anyways, on friday, brendan, brian, mel, and jon (*EDIT: AND BRYANT THE WHINY KOREAN! LOL. love ya man!) took me out to this japanese restaurant. We got all kinds of food, and some rolls, and even some nigori sake. They fucking treated my sorry ass, and it wasn't cheap! But the food was great, and the company was even better. Some awesome pics were taken, and I had a great time. Thanks guys! Afterwards, we went back to jon's place and played some poker. I lost. No thanks guys! lol. Then on Saturday, Brendan, Andy, Bryant, and Jon came over to dinner. My mom cooked up some crazy foods: bbq'd teriyaki chicken, bbq'd marinated steak, inari sushi, broccoli, and a shitload of fried wontons. She also bought me a guava cake from Aki's. Damn. We all ate so much that we damn near passed out. If you wanna know how any of the food was, just ask anyone who came. Anyone else who DIDN'T COME IS NOT ONLY A BAD FRIEND, BUT MISSED OUT ON THE BEST MEAL EVER. JK. SORTA. JK. NO REALLY. LOLZ. Afterwards, we headed back to Jon's place, and then me, jon, and brendan went to santa clara billards to shot some pool. I am absolutely amazed at how much better jon is. This fucker used to take 20 minutes before taking a shot, taking out all kinds of graph paper, protractors, and his TI-85. Now he takes 2 seconds and then sinks all the balls in and your ego takes another shot to the face. All in all, a great birthday weekend. Lots of food, good conversation, and chillin'. Thanks to my friends up here for planning the dinner and poker game for me. You guys seriously make it possible to live up here without going insane.
valentine's day came and went. it was a regular day. What i did actually, was sit at home and count all the money i would have spent. Too bad that doesn't count for much...
Me: "Look at all this money! I'm rich, biatch!!"
Them: "I got laid last night"
Me: "=*("
Finally turned in all my paper work and stuff for graduation. It's finally starting to hit me that i'm going to be getting my masters in a few months. Well, that is, once i finish this HUGE project ahead of me. But yeah. Crazy. I guess after all is said and done, going to grad school was worth it. Actually, wait till I see how much I'm making for my first job, and then i'll let you know if it was worth it lolz.
Weird thing...I've come to the realization that at my age, there are two groups of people. Those who are single, and those who are dying to be married. Yes, people want to get married. A much stronger argument however, can be made about those that are taken vs those that are single. It seems that all the girls my age are taken, and all the guys my age are not. Or maybe it's just the people i know. And you would think, well, that's impossible, because is close to an equal number of guys and girls in the world. Well, maybe in the world, but ur forgetting two important details. One, in the bay area, guys outnumber girls at a staggering ratio of like 6:1. That fucking SUCKS. I'm not fucking kidding. Two, you're forgetting bout the hot lesbians. They can be in a relationship without a guy. And they're all hot. lol.
So looks like vegas is off. Oh wells. San diego? Maybe. OC for sure.
aight. time to go to the eye doc. i'm running out of contacts. And i need a haircut SO BAD.
I guess I didn't go to dinner on Friday....always excluding the Koreans....haha
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun.
I knew your b-day was coming up, and I was hopind it didn't pass yet. But it did. Sorry:( Happy b-day Mako-chan!!
ReplyDelete