Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There is only one way to remove/stop the inkling to compare. And that's to remove the source. Once you remove the source, comparing becomes impossible. And eventually, not comparing becomes habit. That's the only way.

I will not comment on my weight or how I look until March 7th. By then it will have been 3 months of exercising, with little sugar in my diet. But of course, complaints or not, I will exercising until at LEAST Sept 6th, with the only reason why I won't be exercising on the 7th and 8th is because I'll be busy with one of the very reasons why I have to lose weight in the first place.

I will also not complain about planning vegas trips. I actually find it interesting to do research on the city, so it's not so bad to plan the trips. Plus, I have access to my email pretty much my entire workday. Also, indifference isn't just a habit, it's a way of life. That's not a complaint - it's the truth, which simply makes it an observation.

Do I go on vacation this year? I'd like to go to Japan again, but I'd also like to go to Germany for Octoberfest. I'd also like to check out a more serene tropical place. But I'd also like to buy a place and finally move out. And i have to take into account the fact that when one goes on vacation, tons of money is spent. Having to purchase every meal, hotel, transportation, etc. make any vacation fucking expensive. Also, being able to speak the language of the place you're going makes it easier. As much fun as pointing, charades, and body language is, it's not fun when you have to do it every time you go somewhere. Japan is particulary fucking embarassing/frustrating. When I was in Japan and was unable to speak any Japanese, the shame was almost unbearable. I wanted to punch myself for not trying to learn harder, and punch my parents for 1) never speaking to me in Japanese, even just a LITTLE ("we're not fluent" is NO excuse!) and 2) not enrolling me in Japanese school. Now that I'm older/stupider and my brain is no longer a sponge and now forming calcium deposits, it's very difficult to learn how to speak japanese. In addition, with no one around me speaking japanese or having the ability to, it's pretty much impossible.

Speaking of buying a place, I'm still trying to swallow the fact that once I buy a place (I do not want to rent), my savings will be DESTROYED. I mean seriously destroyed. And in addition my savings being beaten the fuck down, my take home pay will also have its ass kicked due to mortgage. I know this is all a reality that EVERYONE is forced to accept and thus I have no right to complain, but FUUUUCCCCKKKK. Hopefully i can find a two or three bedroom place and get someone to rent (Brendan, as long as he doesn't watch Wall-E or bring high school girls back to the place).

I wonder what this year has in store..

1 comment:

  1. First of all I need Wall-E so show the girls how sensitive I am. Then all the 13 year olds will love me. Candy helps. And they always want alcohol. Let the fun times begin!!! Also rent will be due whenever I have it right? LOL.

    ReplyDelete