Wednesday, February 10, 2010

House update and vegas time

Buying a house has been beyond stressful. But, I think the only reason why I find it stressful is because I'm a spoiled brat who hasn't had to deal with the real life stresses of owning a house. So far, I've lived in my parents house, who have had to deal with all of the stresses that come with house ownership. I've had it easy. And now that my lazy ass has been cast into dealing with all kinds of shit, I'm complaining. I need to man up and shut the fuck up.

One thing I've learned from all this house shit is that most things turn out okay in the end. All the things I stress out over eventually get done. I also need to learn that things can be done gradually, and that's okay. I think up until now, I've wanted EVERYTHING done in the house. I wanted repairs made, all of my furniture bought, etc. Well, even if you go the cheap route, I've discovered that it costs a TON. Most of my furniture is from Ikea. I have found that when you decide to furnish your entire place with ikea furniture, it is NOT cheap. Plus, as an added bonus, if you get ikea furniture, you get a nice 3 weeks of pain due to repetitive stress injuries. Sweet.

But it's all coming together. I should be in my new place by the end of this month, and by then i'll have stopped crying my bitch baby tears.
- - -
I'm off to vegas again this weekend. My youth is leaving soon. I will be an old man. Such is life.

Seriously though, this trip should be fun. Free hotel room (MGM wanted their money back), dinner at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon, etc. What's really crazy to me is that I found out that some SD/LA people had gotten word that I was going to Vegas, and are flying to Vegas for ONE day (it was supposed to be a surprise, but I found out). I purposely didn't ask anyone because it was a busy weekend (prez day/vday/chinese new year) and I figured everyone would be super busy. I figured it was cool rolling with my brother's group. I can't tell you how much that means to me. A lot of these people have family and vday obligations and are still coming out. All I can say is....wow.

Vegas trips are gonna be fewer this year due to the new house, which is at this point is like a needy call girl that's a hot mess. All the thing does is take my money and cause me problems. But once everything is finished up, then it should be like that movie "Pretty Woman". You know, because it'll turn from a cheap prostitute to a beautiful thing. YOU KNOW?? LAWL. You see what I did there???? With the old school pop culture reference joke??? YEAH???? man, that's all kinds of giggles!

Back to work.

1 comment: