And that got me to thinking how i still haven't gone to my 'last' rave.
So then I thought I'd go to this because I really like the Skills DJs (Dyloot and Tom Slik)


And then I can do some of this..

Pre-photon days (this was...2000?) BTW, notice J-Pop in the back doing his thang.
And see some of this...

wow. His arms must be tired

CHEATER. If you ain't using your arms, you're CHEATING.
Yes. Finally. A rave. Tickets are going on sale soon. Who wants to come with? Time to make sure all my photons are working right. And make sure my arms wont' fall off. I remember back in the day the day after I would go to a rave my knuckles would be all black and blue from the photons hitting them. I never realized how fast I was moving my hands until I went to this one rave where the dance floor was surrounded my mirrors. That was the rave that was at this bowling alley out in the middle of nowhere. I remember that rave cuz hella aphio people went, I saw the dopest glowsticker ever, and Sarah hugged the sweatiest guy ever.
ah the good old days.
raves were always about the dancing. no hate on the prescription users -- just not my thang. Yes, before I learned how to dance to hip hop, before I decided to learn how to pop, it was all about raving. Glowsticks, rave dancing, and photons. I tried the stings, but then I hit myself in the balls and I decided to keep it simple. Raves were always so much fun, and we always had the same routine: Go in and chill for 45 minutes just listening to the music, and then dance, then go outside to cool down, then repeat for 6 hours. The music was awesome, the company was awesome, and it was first time that i felt alive on the dance floor.
I never really understood all the kids that decided to dress up as Tigger or Rainbow Bright, or cover themselves in beads, or give themselves rave names (there are no parents who would name their boy "Cloud" or "Whisper" ...this ain't the 60s)
Nevertheless, I'll never forget how much fucking fun I had at those raves. My mom would hate it when I went..I know ur thinking, dude why did you tell her?? But when I would hit up a rave when i was back in SJ, these raves would go till like 4 or 5 AM!! I had to tell my mom where I was going. My friend told her mom that she was going on a church retreat, and another friend told his mom that he was going bowling (till 5am). I remember when I would get home from those raves I would smell so bad (hey you would stink too if you were dancing for 7 hours in a giant room with a bunch of people who are sweating, smoking, and covered in vic's vapor rub) that I would strip down to my boxers and throw all my clothes in the back yard to air out before I put a foot on the carpet.
Aight. enough reminsicing. Back to the final (again).
No comments:
Post a Comment